Filing bankruptcy can offer troubled businesses a path to restored solvency, but can also be a source of significant conflict between debtors and their creditors. For more than 40 years, Much has represented parties on every side of bankruptcy disputes. We have represented clients in federal and state courts across more than 40 U.S. states and territories, and in matters involving virtually every issue a client may face. Through our experiences, we have gained an understanding of the pressure points, motivations and divergent points of view that are a part of any bankruptcy matter.
Much's bankruptcy attorneys have won groundbreaking legal decisions. We have successfully represented clients on bet-the-company restructuring negotiations and litigation. We do not shrink from opposition from mega law firms – in fact, our experience and reputation make us a resourceful and effective advocate for our clients, and a formidable adversary for opposing counsel. We relish the opportunity to take on our clients' burdens and develop and implement innovative and cost-efficient solutions.
Our experienced lawyers represent clients in all aspects of Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcies, out-of-court workouts and liquidations, assignments for the benefit of creditors, receiverships, turnarounds and debt restructurings. In addition to our representation of debtors, creditors, lenders, trustees, and official and unofficial committees, we also counsel acquirers and sellers of stock or assets, involuntary petitioners, lessors and lessees, and plaintiffs and defendants in avoidance actions and other business disputes.
Clients come to us from virtually every industry:
- Agriculture and agricultural products
- Commercial and residential real estate
- Hospitality, restaurants and gaming
- Hospitals and health care
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Professional services
- Senior housing and continuing care retirement communities
- Shipping, railroads and import/export services
Our attorneys have written and published dozens of scholarly articles on bankruptcy and related topics. We regularly present to distinguished professional organizations, including:
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association Committees on Business Bankruptcy and Commercial Financial Services
- California Financial Lawyers Conference
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges
- Turnaround Management Association