Co-chair of the firm’s Health Care practice, Ned helps drug and pharmacy and other health care clients meet the demands of federal and state regulators, strengthen their positions in a highly competitive marketplace and resolve a broad range of commercial disputes. Ned represents businesses of all sizes, with a focus on companies with interests and operations throughout the drug supply chain.
A licensed pharmacist, Ned has extensive experience in the areas of medical device, drug and pharmacy law. He regularly advises clients on regulatory compliance, including matters involving requirements of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Medicare Part D matters, 340B issues, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance, prescription drug monitoring programs, drug diversion issues and drug pedigree and compounding issues. He also advises industry participants on a broad range of licensing, transactional, and corporate compliance and accountability issues.
Ned’s clients include drug manufacturers, wholesale distributors, third-party logistics providers and pharmacy retailers (including brick-and-mortar, long-term care, mail-order and specialty pharmacies), as well as pharmacy technology companies, prescription management companies and physician practices.
Ned regularly attends and speaks at events organized by leading legal and industry groups, including conferences, meetings and seminars sponsored by Asembia, the National Association of Chain Drug Stores and the Chain Drug Consortium LLC. From 2009 through 2012, he was a member of the planning committee for the annual Health Law Summit, presented by the Health Law Section of the American Bar Association.
A longtime thought leader in the drug and pharmacy industry, Ned is currently a member of the editorial advisory board of Pharmacy Times®, where he helps guide the editorial direction of and contributes content to the publisher’s print, digital and live events channels. He also served for nearly a decade as a columnist for Drug Topics magazine, including two years on the publication’s editorial advisory board.
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois State Board of Pharmacy, Former Vice Chair and Member
- Illinois Pharmacists Association
- Florida Pharmacy Association
- Illinois Association of Health Care Attorneys
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
- American Society of Pharmacy Law
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Society of Consultant Pharmacists, Former Member
- University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy Alumni Board
- The Ohio State University, College of Pharmacy, Dean's Corporate Council
Ned is a board member of the Lifeline Humanitarian Organization.