Chair of the firm's Real Estate group, Courtney focuses her practice on the representation of lenders, property owners, developers and investors in multifamily, retail, commercial and industrial acquisitions, dispositions, finance, development and construction projects. She also counsels clients on condominium developments and deconversions.
Courtney works with local and nationally recognized financial institutions and private lenders in documenting commercial acquisition, refinance and construction loan transactions, including loan participations and syndications, secured by various types of real estate assets. Her practice also extends to working with banks, borrowers and investors on loan workouts, restructurings, and note and distressed asset sales.
Courtney is the firm's marketing partner and formerly served as co-chair of the Much Women's Initiative. She is a licensed real estate broker in the state of Illinois.
- CREW Chicago (Commercial Real Estate Executive Women of Chicago)
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
Courtney formerly served on the Alumni Board of Directors for the Latin School of Chicago. She also supports a variety of other charitable and civic organizations.
Insights & Events
- Forty Under 40, Law Bulletin Media, 2012
- Illinois Super Lawyers–Rising Stars, 2000-2016
- Leading Lawyers Network – Emerging Lawyers, Real Estate Law: Commercial, Real Estate Law: Finance and Secured Transactions Law, 2015-2016
- Leading Lawyers Network, Real Estate Law: Commercial, Real Estate Law: Finance and Secured Transactions Law, 2017-2021