Chair of the firm's Real Estate group, Courtney focuses her practice on the representation of lenders, property owners, developers and investors in multifamily, retail, commercial and industrial acquisitions, dispositions, finance, development and construction projects. She works with local and nationally recognized financial institutions and private lenders in documenting commercial acquisition and construction loans, including loan participations and syndications, secured by various types of real estate assets. Courtney's practice also extends to working with banks, borrowers and investors on loan workouts, restructurings, and note and distressed asset sales.
Courtney analyzes, negotiates and drafts documents related to condominium development and deconversion, real estate development, acquisitions and dispositions, financing and construction lending, including loan papers, purchase and sale agreements, leases and loan and distressed asset portfolio sale documentation.
Courtney serves as co-chair of the Much Women's Initiative. She is also a licensed real estate broker in the state of Illinois.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
Courtney serves on the Alumni Board of Directors for the Latin School of Chicago. She also supports a variety of other charitable and civic organizations.
Insights & Events
- Forty Under 40, Law Bulletin Media, 2012
- Illinois Super Lawyers–Rising Stars, 2000-2016
- Leading Lawyers Network – Emerging Lawyers, Real Estate Law: Commercial, Real Estate Law: Finance and Secured Transactions Law, 2015-2016
- Leading Lawyers Network, Real Estate Law: Commercial, Real Estate Law: Finance and Secured Transactions Law, 2017-2019