Kevin M. Noonan
Vice chair of the firm's Wealth Transfer & Succession Planning group, Kevin counsels individuals and families with respect to estate and gift planning, estate and trust administration, business succession issues and asset protection.
Drawing on his training as an accountant, he provides guidance on the use of wills, trusts, life insurance and business entities to help clients preserve wealth, and protect and transfer assets in a manner that helps clients achieve their objectives. Kevin also counsels individuals and families with respect to charitable giving strategies and philanthropy, helping them design and implement tax-efficient charitable giving techniques and identify, formulate and enforce their charitable objectives. Additionally, he represents and advises tax-exempt organizations—including private foundations and public charities—on matters pertaining to formation, administration and governance.
Kevin has spoken before legal and industry groups on a range of topics related to strategic wealth planning, including the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, the Trust Law Committee of the Chicago Bar Association, and the Chicago Council on Planned Giving.
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Chicago Bar Association, Federal Taxation, Estate and Gift Taxation and Trust Law Committees
- Chicago Community Trust, Professional Advisory Committee
Kevin serves on the Nationwide Gift Planning Advisory Council of the American Cancer Society.
Insights & Events
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2006-2008
- Leading Lawyers Network, Tax Law: Individual, Trust, Will & Estate Planning Law, 2017-2018