Gregg is a respected authority on estate and trust matters with more than 30 years of experience in taxation and wealth preservation strategies. Chair of the firm’s Wealth Transfer & Succession Planning group, Gregg represents individuals, families and fiduciaries on estate planning, federal estate and gift taxation, generation-skipping transfer taxes, probate and trust administration.
Gregg also advises business owners on effective succession planning and tax structures. He knows that the goals of individual family members are sometimes out of sync, and when family conflicts come into play, he applies his negotiating skills and conflict resolution experience to help minimize family disputes, avoid litigation, and protect the interests of beneficiaries and other parties.
For many individuals and families, philanthropy is a top priority. Gregg advises his clients on the formation and management of charities, foundations and other non-profit organizations.
Author of "Handling Closely Held Business Interests and Other Special Assets" for the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education publication Estate Planning for Illinois Attorneys: The Basics and Beyond, Gregg is a frequent speaker on estate planning, and estate and trust administration. He has also testified before the IRS on behalf of ACTEC, giving comments to proposed regulations on basis consistency and reporting laws.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association, Probate Practice and Asset Protection Committees
- Chicago Bar Association, former Member (1999-2006) and past Chair of the Trust Law Executive Committee
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow and Member of the Asset Protection and Fiduciary Income Tax Committees
- Chicago Estate Planning Council, Board of Directors
- Greater North Shore Estate and Financial Planning Council
- Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago, Chair of the Estate Planning Professional Advisory Committee
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Foundation, Legacy Partners Professional Advisory Group
Gregg is a member of the board and past president of the International Music Foundation, which sponsors classical music education in inner-city schools, the Dame Myra Hess Memorial concerts and the annual Do-It-Yourself Messiah.
An avid marathon runner, Gregg has run in the Boston and Chicago marathons on behalf of the American Cancer Society, the American Liver Foundation, Children's Memorial Hospital and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.