Tax Law & Planning
In today’s ever-changing business environment, clients encounter a variety of complex tax issues. Much Shelist tax attorneys provide clients with practical advice on tax matters that range from corporate, partnership, individual and fiduciary tax planning strategies, to structuring joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital funds, real estate transactions and tax-free exchanges. Our clients also value our counseling on matters related to estate and retirement planning, and issues specific to executors, administrators and trustees.
Our tax experience is a core strength at Much Shelist – and has been since our founding in 1970. We take great pride in our extensive knowledge of tax law and the leadership position we have maintained in our profession.
Our tax attorneys understand that to effectively and efficiently structure and close a deal you must keep the client’s business objectives in mind. We collaborate with our clients, accountants, investment bankers, venture capitalists, in-house counsel and asset managers to create the solutions that respond to opportunities and address tax issues in the following areas:
- Asset protection
- Buying and selling businesses
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds
- Executive compensation and employee benefits
- International tax
- Partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures and sub chapter S corporations
- Real estate transactions, including tax-free exchanges and qualified opportunity funds
- State and local taxes
- Tax controversy, including audits and investigations
- Tax-exempt organizations
- Trusts and estates