Much has an opportunity for an experienced commercial real estate paralegal in our Chicago office. This role is responsible for all aspects of commercial real estate closings and related matters and transactions.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinate due diligence for a variety of real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, loans, etc.
- Facilitate communications between attorneys for the various parties on a transaction.
- Review and summarize title commitments and surveys and prepare title and survey objection letters.
- Work directly with title companies to clear titles, work through objections, and obtain title policies.
- Obtain, review, and summarize entity organizational documents and UCC, judgment, tax, and other lien searches.
- Prepare and file/record a variety of documents, including deeds, mortgages, memoranda or leases, resolutions, UCC financing statements, etc.
- Prepare closing checklists, critical dates lists, closing documents, various affidavits, certificates, and resolutions as well as coordinate and control the closing process for various real estate transactions.
- Prepare and distribute closing binders.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Note that for security reasons, we can only accept resumes in PDF format.