Norman B. Newman
A creditors' rights, insolvency and bankruptcy attorney for 35 of his 39 years in practice, Norm has represented debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, creditors’ committees and bankruptcy trustees in all phases of proceedings under the Bankruptcy Code.
Norm has extensive experience handling reorganizations, in-court and out-of-court loan workouts, creditor compositions, liquidations, assignments for the benefit of creditors and various other matters involving financial distress. He has served as bankruptcy trustee in a number of significant cases and is a member of the Private Panel of Trustees for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Norm is the author of several articles and is a frequent speaker on insolvency, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights topics for a variety of business and professional groups.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association, Former Chair of the Bankruptcies and Reorganization Committee
- U.S. Trustee Advisory Council, Former Chair
- Turnaround Management Association, past President of the Chicago/Midwest Chapter
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Commercial Law League of America
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
Norm is a charter member and has served as President of the TMA/Chicago Midwest Memorial Scholarship Foundation from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2012. Norm is a past chair of the board of directors of the Buffalo Grove Unit of the American Cancer Society and a volunteer with the Northwest Suburban Jewish Community Center.